- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (7)
- August (8)
- NSTP-ROTC In Action
- Back to school!
- Agricultural Engineering building inaugurated
- Academics must come first before recreations
- WASAR (Water Search and Rescue) Re-echo Training
- ISPSC Narvacan campus now the Center of Fisheries and Aquatic Development of Ilocos Sur
- Tagsanay Award 2017 (National Level) candidate
- Attention: 2017 Graduates
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (2)
- March (11)
- 16th Luzonwide Higher Education Press Conference
- ISPSC President attends Taiwan-Philippines Higher Education Career System Presidential Leadership Program for Higher Education Executives
- Certificate of Recognition awarded to ISPSC by the Civil Service Commission
- ISPSC supports Earth Hour 2017
- Let’s build a Culture of Excellence – Pres. Lopez
- Dr. John R. Walker, thank you!
- Training on Fire Prevention Safety Awareness and Disaster Preparedness
- Go for Internationalization!
- ASEAN awareness
- RAATI 2017
- February (6)
- The search for ISPSC Outstanding alumni is on!
- ISPSC Supreme Student Council bagged the Most Outstanding Student Council award
- ISPSC Chefs, winner at Kannawidan Chef Wars
- ISPSC congratulates Sta. Maria West Central School
- For the second time around Radio Kailian hailed Best Radio Station
- ISPSC Choir, Champion at 2017 Regional Speech Choir Competition
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (8)
- Happy Birthday to our beloved ISPSC President!
- ISPSC recognized by TFE Times as one of the best college in the Philippines
- ISPSC is ranked no. 1 in Ilocos Region by www.4icu.org
- ISPSC joins PNP Sta. Maria in the war against drugs
- APCAS, CHED lead Regional Academic Festival ‘16
- Three years in a row as big winner!
- #23, lower is better!
- ISPSCian, 7th in the LET Board Examination (Elementary level)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- February (2)
- January (2)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (1)
- April (1)
ISPSC student gets Carmudi PH scholarship grant
British Novelist and well-known author C.S. Lewis once said, “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” This is what Kristine Ian De Guzman, a single mother and graduating student at Ilocos Sur Polytechnic State College, believes in life as she pursues her dreams despite of financial difficulties.
De Guzman, a senior student taking up a degree in Information System Major in Interactive Technology, shares her encouraging story on how she is currently fulfilling her dreams. “We lost our father 25 years ago. From that moment, we already knew that we can’t finish our studies anymore. Money at home was very tight and we don’t have an option but to embrace the reality.”
“After taking BS Nursing in 2005, I stopped my studies abruptly and focused instead on getting a job. When I gave birth to my son, I knew there will be no chance for me to finish my studies,” explained De Guzman.
But her son who serves as her biggest inspiration gave her hope to fulfill her dreams. Despite her personal and financial struggles, De Guzman took and applied for Career Service Examination Professional Level, which is prerequisite qualification for anyone who wants to get a job in the government.
“When I passed the CSE, I realized there’s still hope for me,” adds De Guzman, as she continued to narrate how she slowly strove to hunt for her elusive dream.
Without any money in hand, De Guzman mustered the courage to enroll, even as an irregular student. “After one semester, I decided to apply for a scholarship program granted by CHED. For two and a half years, I was able to work hard to get high grades and maintain my scholarship. I thank God for getting consistent grades and being a replacement scholar for 5 semesters,” shares De Guzman.
“I am so blessed this year. After finishing my scholarship with CHED, Carmudi Philippines granted me a new scholarship program that will enable me to fulfil my dreams,” said De Guzman.
The 27-year-old De Guzman was chosen by online car platform Carmudi as its recipient scholar for her outstanding grades and attitude towards her circumstances. The scholarship program aims to help senior students who are academically excellent but financially challenged.
“In line with our commitment towards being a responsible corporate citizen, it is our honor to support excellence in academe and provide the economic means for gifted students to move ahead on their educational path. We wish our scholars all the best in their future endeavors,” said Abhi Mohan, Managing Director of Carmudi Philippines.
Carmudi Philippines—through its website www.carmudi.com.ph—has been generating positive leads for potential car buyers and sellers in the country since it started January 2014. The website currently has close to 32,000 vehicles in its inventory spanning cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles; brand new or used. The online car platform was originally founded in Berlin, Germany in 2013 under the Rocket Internet Group.