ILOCOS SUR POLYTECHNIC STATE COLLEGE (ISPSC)
Flourish ISPSC, Deliver Quality Education and Services and Launch Academic Excellence.
A vibrant and nurturing Polytechnic Service College for transforming lives and communities.
To improve the lives of people and communities through quality instruction, innovations, productivity initiatives, environment and industry-feasible technologies, resource mobilization and transformation outreach programs and services.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
To effectively realize the VISION and MISSION, the College will have the following goals & objectives:
- To be the source of competent and employable technical and professional graduates for domestic and foreign markets through quality instruction;
- To disseminate products of researches (e.g. matured and environment- friendly technologies and others) to entrepreneurs, farmers and fisher folks to improve/increase their income;
- To help alleviate poverty and improve the quality of the lives of poor and marginalized families in the service areas through relevant extension services;
- To strengthen production and generate more income to support research, instruction & extension activities; and
- To improve physical facilities and building structures in all of the campuses.
Productivity - The delivery of quality programs in instruction, research, extension, production and development of responsive, proactive professionals and graduates and professing determination and hardwork in the system.
Resiliency - Refers to the renewal and motivational strategies, looking at the bright side of academic life and cultivating positive attitudes amidst failures and adversities.
Accountability - Means the responsibility, answerability, transparency, impartiality, decisiveness and delegation of work roles and streamlining of functions.
Ingenuity - Refers to prudent use of resources, prudence in spending, cost cutting measures and deciding the best possible action considering circumstances.
Synergy - Pertains to the teamwork, collaboration, orchestration, subordination and of all partner agencies, sponsors and stakeholders, parents, alumni and communities.
Excellence - Refers to global orientation, borderless perspective, equal opportunities, empowerment, and transformation, multi-tasking and leading by example.
Taking the lead... Our trademark for Globalization.
The Ilocos Sur Polytechnic State College (ISPSC) was created on February 24, 1998 by virtue of Republic Act No. 8547 authored by Congressman Eric D. Singson and signed into law by then President Fidel V. Ramos. ISPSC is a comprehensive multi-campus institution of higher learning with its main campus in Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur. It has six campuses spread in the second district of Ilocos Sur.
The six campuses of ISPSC:
- Provincial Institute of Agriculture (Santa Maria Campus) - Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur
- Provincial Institute of Fisheries (Narvacan Campus) - Narvacan, Ilocos Sur
- Santiago Campus - Santiago, Ilocos Sur
- Tagudin Campus - Tagudin, Ilocos Sur
- Candon City Campus - Candon City
- Cervantes Campus - Cervantes, Ilocos Sur
The College shall primarily give professional and technical training both in the undergraduate and the graduate levels in the fields of economics, agriculture, fishery, trade, home industry, engineering, education, forest research and conservation, management, finance, accounting and business administration, public administration and other fields as may be relevant, besides providing for the promotion of scientific and technological researches which the College deems necessary in carrying out its objectives. (RA 8547, Sec. 2)
The College shall offer undergraduate, graduate and short-term technical courses within its area of specialization as the Board of Trustees may deem necessary to carry out its objectives, particularly in order to meet the needs of the province. (Section 3)